Elaine Lowden – Nutritionist
A lecturer and sport nutritionist with 9 years’ experience lecturing and researching in sport and health studies. Extensive research experience at a high level in sport and nutrition.
- Coordination and delivery of nutrition themed presentations and nutrition workshops to cycling clubs, athletic clubs and cycling retailers specific to weight management and enhancing sporting performance.
- Offering personalised dietary consultations for a wide range of athletes including: sprinters, cyclists, duathletes, triathletes specific to weight management and enhancing sporting performance.
- Analysis of food diaries to generate data on macronutrients, micronutrients and energy content.
- Generating data profiles of nutrients with dietary recommendations based on the results of the dietary analysis of food diaries.
- conducting research specific to nutrition and exercise for evidence based report writing for the Glasgow Wheelers Cycling Club website
Competes in cycling time trials (member of Glasgow Wheelers Cycling Club & Lady Captain), road running (member of Motherwell Athletic Club) and duathlons
MSc in Exercise & Nutrition Science
BSc in Applied Human Nutrition
Queen Margaret University
To ask Elaine a question regarding Nutrition please fill in the form here
Angela Benjamin – Physiotherapist
Since completing her MSc, Angela has worked predominantly in the private sector and has provided medical support for the British Speed Skating team and the Lawn Tennis Association.
Angela now works full time at Ann McLaughlin Physiotherapy Practice in Ealing, West London www.ealingphysiotherapy.co.uk Her clinical areas of interest include:
- Running-related injuries.
- Post-surgical rehabilitation and headaches.
Angela has a keen interest in sport and enjoys middle distance running and kickboxing (in which she has a black belt), so she understands the frustrations of regular training and avoiding injuries!
If you have an injury problem or just have a question related to Physiotherapy please ask Angela by filling in the form here.
Peter Hier – Training/Racing
Co Founder of Running4Women along with his partner Katharine, Peter has been involved in the sport for over 50 years. A former International distance runner he has a wealth of experience from Coaching, through to Event management and working as an Athletes Agent.
He worked for the British Athletics Federation in the Event Management Team during the time when Britain hosted the European Cup, World Cup and World Cross Country Championships.
Peter was the Race Director of the IAAF World half Marathon Championships Bristol 2001, Race Director of the Singapore marathon 2002, Edinburgh Marathon 2006 and more recently the Beirut Marathon 2011 plus the Windsor Half Marathon from 2000 to the present day along with the Windsor R4W 8k.
Peter has been involved with some of the very best Kenyan athletes including World Record holders and World Champions both as a coach and an Agent.
If you need any advice on racing or training or indeed if you are looking to promote you own small event for a Charity or your PTA for example, then please fill in the form here