MAUI JIM HO’OKIPA
HOW IT ALL BEGAN
Now the fastest growing premium polarized sunglass maker in the world, Maui Jim got its start in 1980 as a small company selling sunglasses on the beach in Lahaina, Hawaii. Seeing a need in the market for technology that could combat intense glare and harmful UV while bringing the brilliant colors of the island to life, our fledgling company engineered the revolutionary PolarizedPlus® lens. Incorporated into seven new sunglass styles, our Classic Collection was introduced. And with that, we have steadily built a cult following.
MAUI JIM HO’OKIPA – 407-02
Progressive, competitive and comfortable. You’re a blur of activity. But these cutting-edge, sporty frames offer clear, unobstructed views of your world in motion.
- Perfect for: Fast-action sports or re-energizing on the shore — lens treatments and frames are saltwater safe
- Design: Ultra-modern with a rimless frame for an unobstructed view, as well great coverage for protection against wind, blowing sand and debris
- Shape: Refined rectangular frame compliments a range of facial shapes
- Care: Maui Jim case and cleaning cloth included Neutral Grey: Perfect for especially bright, direct sunlight. Offers rich color and contrast along with the highest available light production, unlike ordinary grey lenses that flatten light evenly across the spectrum.
- HCL® Bronze: For everyday variable conditions, from full sun to overcast. Provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint.
- Maui Rose®: For everyday variable conditions, from full sun to overcast. The highest contrast available – excellent for fast moving sports. Provides a subtle rose tint.
- PolarizedPlus®2: In every pair of Maui Jims you’ll find our patented, color-infused lens technology that wipes out 99.9% of glare, 100% of harmful UV and boosts color via specially designed lens treatments. So your view is clearer, with crisper contrast and amazing brilliance. Polycarbonate: When durability and protection against shattering are the priority, choose a lens that stands up to your most intense activities. Scratch- and impact-resistant. Injection molded for crisp optics. With patented lens treatments that infuse your view with vivid color. Your lightest choice for long days in the sun.
- CLEARSHELL® Scratch Coating: A proprietary, silicone-based hard coat that protects your lenses. Glass is naturally scratch-resistant but Maui Evolution and polycarbonate lenses perform better longer with the added durability of our optically correct Clearshell. Applied to front and back of the lens.
- Material: Grilamid, a light, durable polymer with extreme bending strength known for retaining its shape; extra-grip Rubberon temple ends ensure a secure fit
- Finishing Treatment: Gloss finish for a sleek look
- Hinge: Anti-corrosive, stainless steel pin hinge offers lightweight strength
- Bridge: Fixed, saddle-style with non-slip, rubberon nose pads for comfort
Product Review – by Joanne R4W coordinator
Very impressed, I used them for running mainly but also cycling and for general use as everyday sunglasses. They are very comfortable and have a good sporty look. They are very lightweight and after a while you forget that you are wearing them. They stay firm and do not pinch the nose or behind the ears. The lens clarity is excellent and they are very durable, I will be wearing these for many years. Would definitely recommend the Maui Jim sunglasses range. SCORE 5/ 5
Available from Maui Jim