10 Ways To Put A Spring In Your Running Step
It’s time to shake yourself out of hibernation and put a spring back into your running step. We all know it’s important to eat right, rest right and exercise right so here are R4W’s top ten tips to put a spring back in your step:
1. Go to bed early and wake up early.
2. Go to sleep and wake up consistently at the same time – even on weekends.
3. Eat 5-6 small nutritious meals a day.
4. Always eat breakfast – it really is the most important meal of the day.
5. Eat a balanced, healthy diet.
6. Minimise simple sugars, avoid foods containing sucrose or fructose.
7. Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. All drinks count but water, milk and fruit juices are best.
8. Take breaks every 90 minutes during work – get up, walk around, stretch your legs.
9. Do 30 minutes of physical activity daily – do something you love to do.
10. Do at least 2 cardio vascular workouts and 2 strength training workouts per week.