Weight Loss – 4 Tips to Boost Your Metabolism
Learning how to boost your metabolism levels is extremely important if you are looking to speed up weight loss results and enjoy better fitness levels. People with a slow metabolism usually find it hard to break through weight loss plateaus and are more likely to suffer from low energy levels and other health problems. On the other hand, a higher metabolism usually means a higher calorie burn and more energy, thus leading to better performance.
1. Start the Day with Some Form of Exercise
- Exercising first thing in the morning is a certain way of kick starting your metabolism levels. A morning jog or brisk walk is an ideal way to start the day
2. Eat Breakfast
- Skipping breakfast will slow down your metabolism. In fact, doing so hinders your energy levels and decreases performance and mental agility for the rest of the day. In addition, proper hydration is vital for reviving the metabolism and maintaining good performance.
3. Add On More Muscles
- The more muscles you have, the higher your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) will be – this does NOT mean that you have to become a body builder! Therefore, if you’re a long-time cardio junkie, try to add at least 2 strength workout routines per week.
4. Eat Small and Frequent Meals
- Do not starve yourself as a way of losing weight – this merely depresses your metabolism. And the way this mechanism gets triggered is by skipping meals. If you find yourself doing so as a means to speed up the weight loss process, do not do it!